TERRASIGNA's (former ASRC) tutorial on the Danube Delta (Romania) has been published by ESA on its educational portal – Eduspace. LEOWorks 3.0, the free software developed by TERRASIGNA for inspecting and analyzing satellite images was used in a case study on Sf. Gheorghe mouth, located in the Danube Delta.
The case study included theoretical information on change detection, a remote sensing technique for estimating environmental changes and detailed practical exercises to use it, such as:
- Image inspection and vector drawing (exercise 1);
- Creating an animation to understand the evolution of the island (exercise 2);
- Change detection analysis using subtract function (exercise 3);
- Change detection in the mainland part of the delta (exercise 4).
TERRASIGNA has developed the new software version - LEOWorks 4.0. The main features of the new version are:
- It is developed in Java as open source software and released under a General Public License (GPL);
- It includes Advanced Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) image processing functionalities.
For more details, please contact us.